With hundreds of choices of countertops and cabinetry, it can be difficult for a homeowner to decide what color combination to use in their kitchen or bathroom. Some of the most common cabinets are white, maple, gray, oak, and cherry. Deciding on whether to top your cabinets with quartz, marble, or granite can be challenging. However, with our help, you will be able to determine the best countertop for your cabinetry based on your unique needs, decorating style, and style of home.
Countertop Options for White Cabinets
White cabinets provide you with a neutral canvas, allowing you to choose a variety of countertop colors, wall paint colors, and accents. White cabinets will not overwhelm your space, allowing you to create your dream kitchen or bathroom. Finally, white cabinets provide a more sanitary feel than other colored cabinets.
- White Countertops – You can create a monochromatic look by using white countertops like white Carrera marble [image link: https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/white-carrara-marble-natural-light-260nw-735164926.jpg] or white diamond granite [image link – http://www.kitchen-design-ideas.org/images/white-diamond-granite.jpg]. White cabinets with white countertops create a crisp, clean look in the kitchen.
- Gray Countertops – If you want to give your kitchen or bathroom a look of sophistication, opt for a medium gray quartz countertop like Coastal Gray [image link – https://www.caesarstoneus.com/media/2623/6003coastalgrey_621_big_opt.jpg] or sparkling Virginia Mist granite [https://spectrumstonedesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Virginia-Mist.jpg].
- Gold Countertops – Do you prefer a traditional kitchen, but have a contemporary home? You can give your kitchen a touch of traditional by choosing a gold countertop. Copper Canyon granite or Silestone’s Tigris Sand [image link – https://assetstools.cosentino.com/api/v1/bynder/color/6T/tabla3d/6T-3dslabs.jpg?w=1240&h=450&auto=compress%2Cformat] countertops create an eye popping contrast.
- Black Countertops – Adding black countertops to white cabinetry is a striking combination that brings a touch of drama to your space. The sharp contrast looks amazing when blended with bright colors like hot pink or turquoise. Dark countertop options include black soapstone [image link – https://marble.com/uploads/albums/282/1280X720/JF5v5YzpBfmQBfbdIBTS.jpg] and Black Pearl granite [image link – https://aquagranite.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/black-pearl.jpg].
Countertop Options for Gray Cabinets
Gray cabinets are all the rage. This color cabinets look amazing and can be used to create different effects throughout your home. There are many different shades of gray countertops, so it should not be difficult to find the perfect shade of gray for your kitchen or bathroom. Gray looks great with warm countertops like wood countertops, black countertops, and unexpected colored cabinets.
- Cream Countertops – Gray cabinetry can feel cold and stark when combined with white countertops. However, many homeowners are afraid that beige countertops will clash with gray cabinetry. Greige is a combination of gray and beige. [image link – https://www.msisurfaces.com/blogs/image.axd?picture=%2f2015%2f12%2fgreige-q-premium-natural-quartz-msi.jpg]
- Wood Countertops – Do you want to make an impression in your kitchen or bathroom? Choose wood countertops paired with gray cabinetry. [https://i.pinimg.com/originals/99/ac/46/99ac46174bb6b8be391696a0603c3a22.jpg] Gray cabinets look great with both light colored butcher block countertops as well as darker reclaimed wood countertops.
- Unexpected Color Splash – Gray cabinet are neutral and can handle unexpected countertop colors like blue. When choosing a gray cabinet to pair with blue, opt for a bluish gray countertop. [image link – https://pic.stonecontact.com/picture/20139/68509/brass-blue-granite-kitchen-countertop-p232112-1b.jpg]
Countertop Options for Maple Cabinets
Maple cabinets are an affordable cabinet option that takes stain well and they are quite durable. When left natural, they provide a neutral backdrop and can be paired with a number of countertop options. You can pair maple countertops with bold onyx countertops, gray flecked countertops, or green soapstone.
- Red Onyx Countertops – These light colored countertops look amazing when paired with a bold onyx countertop like Tanzania Red Onyx. With its swirls of brownish red, white, and gold, onyx countertops provide the perfect backdrop for a fantastic kitchen or bathroom.
- Gray Flecked Quartz Countertops – Quartz countertops provide a touch of elegance to a kitchen or bathroom filled with maple cabinetry. One of the best quartz countertop colors to combine with light maple countertops is Pearl Gray. Pearl gray quartz features a white background with varying shades of grey and black flecks. [image link = https://colonialmarble.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Pearl-Gray-Quartz.jpg]
- Green Soapstone Countertops – Green soapstone countertops feature an emerald green background with black veining and white swirls, which pair brilliantly with maple cabinets. [http://sasayuki.com/wp-content/uploads/green-soapstone-countertops-glass-affordable-modern-home-decor.jpg]
Countertop Options for Oak Cabinets
Oak cabinets, including white oak and red oak, are often found in traditional kitchens and bathrooms. Homeowners love this type of wood due to its durability. Oak cabinets work with any countertop color imaginable. Whether you want a bright color pop offered by enamel coated lava countertops, traditional marble countertops, or black soapstone, your kitchen and bath will look amazing.
- Lava Countertops – Glazed lava countertops are the perfect choice for kitchens and bathrooms. With its bold colors like Marsala [image link – http://www.ranierilavastone.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rpl42_marsala-1-150×150.jpg] and Sapphire [image link – http://www.ranierilavastone.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/rpl31_blue-cobalt-1.jpg] you can create a contemporary feel to an otherwise traditional oak cabinet.
- Marble Countertops – Calcutta Gold marble countertops [https://spectrumstonedesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Calcutta-Gold-1.jpg] feature a creamy white background with dark gray veins and ribbons of gold. This beautiful countertop pairs wonderfully with white oak cabinetry for an elegant look.
- Black Soapstone Countertops – Black soapstone countertops with oak cabinets create a crisp, modern look in your home. Soapstone countertops age beautifully and feel luxurious. Combine oak cabinets and black soapstone countertops with stainless steel appliances and chrome plumbing fixtures for a striking combination.
Countertop Options for Cherry Cabinets
Cherry cabinets add warmth to an often cold feeling space. Cherry’s satin grain blends wonderfully with other wood species to create an elegant and luxurious home. You can use both warm and cool colored countertops with cherry cabinets.
- Orion Granite Countertops – Warm countertops like Orion granite [image link –https://i.pinimg.com/originals/24/05/61/24056150c8b8851406ee450160a400ce.jpg] with its black, buttery yellow and copper coloration looks amazing with cherry cabinetry and create the perfect balance in traditional kitchens.
- Corian Countertops – A cool colored countertop like Corian’s [image link – https://www.houzz.com/photos/cherry-kitchen-cabinets-with-corian-countertops–broadview-heights-oh-traditional-kitchen-cleveland-phvw-vp~61876585] provides the perfect backdrop in contemporary homes with cherry cabinetry.
- Black Countertops – Absolute black granite countertops [image link – https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-bb10ac08ccf20c597e1fe1585539f2df] create a chef worthy kitchen and a spa-like bathroom. These deep dark colors create contrast and definition in your home for an elegant look.
Color Coordinating Accent Colors with Countertops
In addition to choosing the best countertop colors for your kitchen or bath, you should consider the accent colors used in these spaces. Accent colors are used to add a touch of interest to an otherwise dull space.
A popping accent color can look amazing in any room; however, a bright and bold accent color looks especially phenomenal in a monochromatic room. Black cabinetry with white quartz countertops creates interest in the kitchen. When you pair it with brass lighting fixtures, you can create interest and definition. [image link – https://hgtvhome.sndimg.com/content/dam/images/hgtv/fullset/2018/6/27/0/FOD18_Connie-Vernich_Black-Casual-Kitchen_1.jpg.rend.hgtvcom.966.644.suffix/1530128538803.jpeg] Another option for a monochromatic kitchen is white cabinetry with white countertops paired with a red backsplash and red stools [image link – https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW4ipo0JaNh7p2_6tN5anMqonPlxKuaPbDpjloudsVQyQjF8tKIw&s].
Choosing the correct countertops for your cabinetry can transform your space and increase the value of your home. To help you decide on the perfect countertop for your home, take home a few countertop samples and lay them out on your current countertop for a few days. Notice how the light plays off your samples, how the countertop coordinates with your existing flooring.